The mission of The Water Conservation Garden is to inspire positive change in the living environment through the conservation of water and other natural resources.
The Water Conservation Garden has nearly six acres of displays that showcase water conservation through a series of beautiful themed gardens, such as a native plant garden and a vegetable garden, as well as how-to displays such as mulch and irrigation exhibits. The Garden also features a native butterfly pavilion that is open spring and summer each year. Please visit our Exhibits page for more information.
The Garden offers many programs and services including:
- Workshops on Gardening, Sustainability, Art & Wellness. These take place both onsite and online.
- Ms. Smarty-Plants™ Youth Education Program
- The Dorcas E. Utter Butterfly Pavilion featuring numerous species of butterflies native to Southern California and the host and nectar plants they love
- School tours by appointment
- Large group tours by appointment
- Consultations by appointment (virtual and at The Garden) in Landscape Design, Irrigation Tune-Ups and Water Harvesting.
- Large events such as festivals and plant sales throughout the year featuring family-friendly activities
- Hosted events such as fundraisers, wedding and other ceremonies
- Gift shop with a wide range of unique items including books, candles, jewelry, garden artwork and much more!
Considerable time and energy was invested to craft a strategic plan with goals, visions and ideals aimed at strengthening The Garden and ensuring it is positioned to meet the challenges of the future.
Please click on the link below for the current strategic plan that includes our vision statement, guiding principles and statement of values.
The Water Conservation Garden is supported by water district dues, memberships, donations, grants, facility rentals, and gift shop sales.
In 2005, Friends of the Water Conservation was created to increase private support for the Garden. The Water Conservation Garden is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, Federal Tax ID# 20-4395919.
The Garden can be a learning laboratory for the dedicated gardener, a delightful place for an afternoon stroll, or a place to gather lots of information about water-wise, or California-Friendly® gardening.
The Garden welcomes friendly, leashed dogs. Dogs are not allowed in the butterfly pavilion.