Create a Garden Sanctuary
$17.00 – $22.00
Saturday, July 17 at 10:00 – 11:30am
Ever wanted to peer into the design process? Join author and Landscape Designer, John Beaudry, in an inspiring outdoor garden workshop as he plans and visualizes a landscape enhancement using an area of The Garden. John’s book Garden Sanctuary is available for home delivery at Gardenbooks.org as a guidebook to principles of landscape design. Book purchase is optional, bring your copy to use at the workshop and have it signed by the author.
Ever wanted to peer into the design process? Join author and Landscape Designer, John Beaudry, in an inspiring outdoor garden workshop as he plans and visualizes a landscape enhancement using an area of The Water Conservation Garden. During this outdoor workshop, you will have the chance to learn and observe; how a garden space is measured, making a scale drawing, and the beginning idea stages of a landscape re-design. John will suggest re-design concepts for plant choices, social spaces, garden features, and general layout based on the Arts & Crafts Movement outlined in his newly-released book Garden Sanctuary.
Sketch materials: clipboard, graph paper, pencil, and ruler can be provided for anyone interested in practicing these skills during the class. As a bonus hear about the great work being done by John through his sustainability project Community Green.
Buy the Book
John's captivating book Garden Sanctuary: Designing for Comfort, Wholeness, and Connection is a stunningly beautiful guidebook to elements and principles of landscape design, and the focus of a three-part Art & Culture series at The Water Conservation Garden. The book is available for home delivery at www.Gardenbooks.org. For the July 17th workshop book purchase is optional. If you choose to purchase the book, we recommend making online orders two weeks prior to the event date so you can bring it as a guidebook, and have it signed by the author.
John Beaudry connects people to nature. He does this through Beaudry Garden Design, www.beaudrydesign.com, where he creates restorative outdoor living spaces; and through Garden Sanctuary: Designing for Comfort, Wholeness, and Connection, a how-to garden design book that takes readers on a transformative journey of creating their own garden sanctuary. Through his not-for-profit Community Green www.beaudrydesign.com/community-green, he is committed to having every major U.S. city implement green roof infrastructure by 2025, thereby creating green cities for everyone.
- Pre-Registration is Required
- Safety procedures and requirements are in place for onsite classes.
- The Garden follows County & State Health Guidelines. Our policies can be found here.
- Please continue to practice social distancing.
- Class sizes are reduced to follow social distancing protocols.
- Materials used during the program will not be shared between participant groups and will be disinfected between each use.
- Workshop Location: Program will take place outdoors as much as possible.
- All or portions of the program may be moved indoors as needed, though unlikely, without prior notice.
- Photo permissions: A staff member may be present to take photos for our funding purposes. If you do not wish to be photographed please email Jillian@thegarden.org, or let our Front Admissions person know upon arrival.