Help The Garden continue to be THE resource for water-wise landscaping in San Diego County. Your tax-deductible gift supports the care of The Garden’s nearly six-acres of land, enables the creation of new and innovative exhibits and programming, and helps present community-driven special events.
Ms. Smarty-Plants™ Youth Education
Ms. Smarty-Plants™ award-winning programs inspire young people through interactive and engaging hands on learning in water conservation and stewardship of the earth. Fieldtrips, Assemblies, and Special Programs meet E-STEM, California State and Next Generation Science Standards. With her special mixture of music, magic, and fun, Ms. Smarty-Plants™ ignites the EARTH HERO in each of us.
- June 28, 20175:30 pm - 7:30 pmHealthy soil is the key to a bountiful garden! Learn how to work with nature to rebuild and maintain yours, with Master Gardener and Armstrong Nursery..
- July 1, 201710:00 am - 11:00 amTour the lush, charming, and water-wise Garden with a knowledgeable docent to hear what makes our garden special, and be inspired to create a water-wi..
- July 1, 201711:00 am - 3:00 pmSan Diego artists Debbie Solan of Idea Field/Fusionglass Company and Marjorie Pezzoli of Pezzoli Art have teamed up with Arts for Learning San Diego a..
- July 1, 20171:00 pm - 3:00 pmJoin Ms. Smarty-Plants™ for a fun presentation on conservation during the Barnes and Noble “STEAM Summer Series” at their Mira Mesa location. ..
- July 12, 20174:00 pm - 8:00 pmContribute to The Garden’s success by becoming a Garden docent! There are many ways to get involved and wonderful new people to meet. It’s fun! ..
- July 15, 20179:30 am - 11:30 amRegenerate your landscape with both "active" and "passive" sustainable planting and water harvesting strategies that can be used on any scale. Lands..
Plants in the Garden
Explore a sampling of the plants you’ll see at The Garden.
The Garden is thankful for ongoing support from the members of our Joint Powers Authority.
Our new website was made possible in part by a grant from the Hans and Margaret Doe Charitable Trust.