Your commitment, a minimum of 24 hours per year.
The Water Conservation Garden’s Volunteer Program is designed to gather like-minded people of all ages, offering many different opportunities to express their love of gardening. Whether it is digging in the dirt, working an event, leading a tour, meeting and greeting Garden guests or a myriad of other opportunities, we have a place for you here at The Garden!
For more information about becoming a volunteer, please contact Amelia Knezevich, Volunteers Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Help The Garden Grow
Click here to help The Garden.
- Please complete a Volunteer Application
- Register for the 2-day Training. A volunteer must be an active member of The Water Conservation Garden within 24 hours of registering for the training. We appreciate your support!
- Once training is complete, a volunteer must perform a minimum of 24 hours of service per year.
Fill Out An Application below and then register for the upcoming two-day Volunteer Training:
Mondays, March 20 & 27, 2023, 8:30am-12:30pm, at The Garden.
*REQUIRED: A Volunteer Application must be submitted before registering for the 2-Day Volunteer Training.
How Can You Help?
- Guided Tours
- Community Outreach Events
- Gardening & Maintenance
- Special Events
- Committee Service
Benefits of Being a Volunteer
- Make a worthwhile contribution to The Garden and community!
- Meet people who share an interest in gardening and horticulture.
- May attend optional field trips, workshops and lectures.
- Attend annual Volunteer Appreciation dinner.
- May receive discount on rental of The Garden for an event.
Our volunteers work in teams alongside staff. Volunteer commitment level can range from simple gardening tasks, clerical assistance to serving on our Board of Directors.
2 steps to become a volunteer
- Become a Garden Member
- Once contacted by a Volunteer Representative, complete volunteer training (two, four-hour sessions) and safety training.
Volunteer training offered Spring & Fall.
Log Volunteer Hours in Vic-net/Volgistics
Click here to log your volunteer hours. We appreciate all you do to make The Garden look beautiful! See you at The Garden!
Join The Garden
Meet our Volunteers!
Banksia Plant near the Bird & Butterfly Garden
High water & high labor vs. low water & low labor
Orchid Tree next to facilities building
Water run-off vs. Native plant erosion control