Landscape Design Consultation
(photo credit: San Diego County Water Authority)
Consultations with a Professional: $70 Garden Members | $85 Non-Member
*NEW* Consultations with a Pre-Professional College Student: $50 all
Includes: 45-minute Zoom consultation and recording.
What can I expect?
- A Designer will review your submitted items prior to the Consultation (Photo, Survey & Sketch).
- The Designer will be prepared to give you specific guidance in design, budget, plant choices, placement, and overall project strategy.
- Please note: Designers will NOT provide a full design plan/drawing with this Consultation. If you wish, you may work independently with the designer following your Consultation.
- Disclaimer: The result of any consultation is based on the individual’s property, situation, and phase of planning.
- A zoom link will be sent to you in the confirmation email.
- During the Consultation, LET YOUR DESIGNER BE THE DRIVER* This is a chance for you to get expert advice. So sit back, and allow the designer to share their initial observations and suggestions.
Can I have the recorded consultation?
- You will have access to download the recorded Zoom link for 30 days.
I liked my designer, can I continue working with them?
- You can work with your designer independently by contacting them.
Are Designers specialized?
- Professional Landscape Designers and Landscape Architects have completed over 20 local landscape designs and have trained in the Watershed Approach to Landscaping, QWEL Certified, or other professional certification.
- Pre-Professional College Student Designer
How do I prepare for my zoom consultation? (These instructions will be emailed to you after registering…)
- Take photos of your yard.
- Upload them to the personal Google drive that will be sent to you in the confirmation email.
- Complete the Consultation Survey
- (Optional) Submit a rough sketch with measurements. This is an optional step but adds a lot to the process if you can do it. Review this video on how to make a sketch of your yard.
The above items are required a minimum of 48 hours prior to your Consultation.
Need to reschedule?
Reschedule policy: There is an $8 rescheduling fee. A Garden representative will contact you to find a reschedule date. Thank you for your patience and support! We apologize, but consultations for the most part cannot be refunded.
Disclaimer: The Water Conservation Garden does not endorse, recommend or promote any particular individual or company, nor guarantee of the workmanship or materials provided by the individual or company. It is the customer’s sole responsibility to investigate the background and experience of the individual or company. California Law stipulates that work performed for $500.00 or more for labor and materials must be accomplished by a licensed contractor.