Painting Silk Scarves
Painting Silk Scarves
$38.00 – $45.00
September 16th 4:30pm / September 18th 10am
Painting on silk is like painting on air. Artist Marjorie Pezzoli shares her joy and knowledge of this medium. All supplies included for your ‘make & take’ creation. (photo by Pezzolli Art)
Members $38 / Non-members $45
Painting on silk is like painting on air. Artist Marjorie Pezzoli shares her joy and knowledge of this medium. Learn how to create spontaneous designs using non-toxic heat set Silk Dye/Paints. No drawing skills needed. The silk scarves are forgiving and take to the paint beautifully with the texture techniques that Marjorie teaches. There is no resistance in the brush, and the colors glide across the fabric. All supplies are included for your ‘make & take’ creation. This class is geared to adults, we are asking participants be a minimum age of 13 yrs. Please wear clothes for painting.
Artist Bio: Marjorie Pezzoli has been capturing colors on silk for over 25 years. She has shared her joy & knowledge of this medium since 2016 with adults & children. Marjorie obtained an Associate’s Degree from The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale, & Teaching Artist Certificate from Arts for Learning SD. She enjoys exploring color, patterns, textures to create wearable art & interior pieces. Marjorie’s work is influenced by her life experiences, the fluidity of time & space. Nature is one of her favorite themes, from trees to jellyfish. Her work has been featured in "The Best of Silk Painting" & "The Fine Art of Painting on Silk" by Diane Tuckman & Jan Janus, & has graced the runway for Fashion Shows. Marjorie’s work has been shown in galleries, boutiques, museums & museum gift shops over the years. She has been a member of the San Diego Silk Guild since 2011. Learn more www.PezzoliArt.com & @marjoriepezzoli on Instagram.
- Pre-Registration is Required
- Additional scarves can be made and purchased separately.
- Safety procedures and requirements are in place for onsite classes.
- The Garden follows County & State Health Guidelines. Our policies can be found here
- Class sizes are reduced to follow social distancing protocols. Materials used during the program will not be shared between participant groups and will be disinfected between each use.
- Workshop Location: Program will take place outdoors.
- Photo permissions: A staff member may be present to take photos for our funding purposes. If you do not wish to be photographed please email Jillian@thegarden.org, or let our Front Admissions person know upon arrival.