Chef Nicolai’s Garden Eats
$20.00 – $25.00
Saturday, September 25th 10am-11:30am
Resident Garden Chef and Instructor, Chef Nicolai Winkler, explores vegetables and herbs grown in Veggieland to incorporate into pasta, pizza, salads, and all your favorite Mediterranean style dishes. Delicious lemon pesto, and bruschetta samples prepared and enjoyed by all. This is an in-person demonstration at The Garden’s outdoor Veggieland exhibit.
Class is geared towards adults (13 yrs and older please). Space is limited.
$20 Members / $25 Non-members
Resident Garden Chef and Instructor, Chef Nicolai Winkler, inspires us to cook from our gardens. During this fun and informative workshop, Chef explores squash, tomatoes, and herbs grown in Veggieland by the Growing Gardeners Club, and shares how these can be incorporated into pasta, pizza, salads, and all your favorite Mediterranean style dishes. Delicious lemon pesto, bruschetta, and other samples will be prepared and enjoyed by all.
This is an in-person demonstration at The Garden’s outdoor Veggieland exhibit.
Class is geared towards adults. Space is limited.
CHEF NICOLAI BIOGRAPHY
Growing up in California my family always had a garden and access to the outdoors. I love gardening, fishing, and foraging for wild plants. As a young adult I learned to cook with local, organic in season plants, fruits, vegetables and meats like fish, duck, wild turkey, goose, venison, wild boar, and even house raised chicken. I later attended Le Cordon Bleu Culinary School in San Francisco where I graduated with honors. I then moved to Hawaii where I lived and worked at
5-Star resort hotels for seven years. I have worked as both a Resort Chef as well as a private chef now for over 15 years including being a teacher, food writer, and consultant. Most recently I have worked as a chef at the Rancho Bernardo Inn and at Orfila Vineyards in the tasting room in San Diego, CA. I also serve as a health food consultant focusing on balanced, integrative nutrition.
Remember... "Food Is Medicine".
- Pre-Registration is Required
- Safety procedures and requirements are in place for onsite classes.
- The Garden follows County & State Health Guidelines. Our policies can be found here
- Class sizes are reduced to follow social distancing protocols. Materials used during the program will not be shared between participant groups and will be disinfected between each use.
- Workshop Location: Program will take place outdoors.
- Photo permissions: A staff member may be present to take photos for our funding purposes. If you do not wish to be photographed please email Jillian@thegarden.org, or let our Front Admissions person know upon arrival.
- Please send any dietary restrictions to Jillian@thegarden.org in advance. We will do our best to accommodate, an additional fee may be requested.