Solar Cookout & Harvest Day
$0.00 – $20.00
Saturday, August 14 from 10am-12pm
You’re The Gardener! Participate with the Growing Gardeners Club and Chef Nicolai in Veggieland for a day of harvesting, planting, solar cooking, and tasting; a bit of everything for EVERY age.
ADULTS: $15 Members / $20 Non-Members
YOUTH: $12 ages 3-10 yrs / FREE ages 2 and younger
You're The Gardener! Participate with the Growing Gardeners Club and Chef Nicolai in Veggieland for a day of harvesting, planting, solar cooking, and tasting a bit of everything for EVERY age.
In 2019 we started a Growing Gardeners Club with the help of Ms. Smarty-Plants™, Master Gardeners of San Diego, WCG Horticulture Staff, Sonny Tyner, and the Rancho Santa Fe Garden Club. A brave group of high school, college and adult learners planted seed trays and nurtured them at home during the pandemic. Our first planting at Veggieland was a joyous, socially distanced, occasion. But our plant starts were promptly eaten up by The Garden squirrels, they must have been hungry! Our Club was not discouraged and ramped up for a spring round of seed plantings in what we know will be a fruitful summer garden.
Now we need your help to harvest! We are each learners, leaders, and Growing Gardeners Club members for the day. All ages are welcome! Plant for the future, harvest hope, and sprinkle kindness among an extended community of gardening enthusiasts.
Scholarships available for select students ages 11-18 years. To qualify, email Jillian@thegarden.org Write a brief response to “What growing food means to me.” Include your age, school, zip code.
Growing Gardeners Club is seeking sponsorship to continue this program, please contact Jillian@thegarden.org if you are able to support others to learn how to grow food and care for one another!
Instructo's URL: Chef-Nicolai.com
- Pre-Registration is Required
- Safety procedures and requirements are in place for onsite classes.
- The Garden follows County & State Health Guidelines. Our policies can be found here
- Class sizes are reduced to follow social distancing protocols. Materials used during the program will not be shared between participant groups and will be disinfected between each use.
- Workshop Location: Program will take place outdoors.
- Photo permissions: A staff member may be present to take photos for our funding purposes. If you do not wish to be photographed please email Jillian@thegarden.org, or let our Front Admissions person know upon arrival.
- Please send any dietary restrictions to Jillian@thegarden.org in advance and we will do our best to accomodate. An additional fee may be requested for certain options.