Help The Garden continue to be THE resource for water-wise landscaping in San Diego County. Your tax-deductible gift supports the care of The Garden’s nearly six-acres of land, enables the creation of new and innovative exhibits and programming, and helps present community-driven special events.
Ms. Smarty-Plants™ Youth Education
Ms. Smarty-Plants™ award-winning programs inspire young people through interactive and engaging hands on learning in water conservation and stewardship of the earth. Fieldtrips, Assemblies, and Special Programs meet E-STEM, California State and Next Generation Science Standards. With her special mixture of music, magic, and fun, Ms. Smarty-Plants™ ignites the EARTH HERO in each of us.
- 25 Feb10:00 am - 11:00 amTour the lush, charming, and water-wise Garden with a knowledgeable docent to hear what makes our garden special, and be inspired to create a water-wi..
- 25 Feb10:00 am - 12:00 pmDr. Shannyn Fowl, Local Natural Medicine Expert, shares garden herbs and how they can impact healthy living in your daily life. This introductory ..
- 26 Feb10:00 am - 12:30 pmSolana Center’s Master Composting Course is an in-depth, five-week course that covers the essentials of composting with a combination of hands-on ..
- 4 Mar8:30 am - 4:00 pmOnce in a blue moon, our deserts get big winter rains and explode into an extraordinary spring bloom. Join Director of Horticulture, Clayton Tschu..
- 4 Mar10:00 am - 12:00 pmYou got rid of the lawn, now what to do? Landscape Designer, Connie Beck, will give you ideas and solutions to turn those areas into beautiful, inviti..
- 5 Mar10:00 am - 12:00 pmSolana Center’s Master Composting Course is an in-depth, five-week course that covers the essentials of composting with a combination of hands-on ..
Plants in the Garden
Explore a sampling of the plants you’ll see at The Garden.
The Garden is thankful for ongoing support from the members of our Joint Powers Authority.
Our new website was made possible in part by a grant from the Hans and Margaret Doe Charitable Trust.