Help The Garden continue to be THE resource for water-wise landscaping in San Diego County. Your tax-deductible gift supports the care of The Garden’s nearly six-acres of land, enables the creation of new and innovative exhibits and programming, and helps present community-driven special events.
Ms. Smarty-Plants™ Youth Education
Ms. Smarty-Plants™ award-winning programs inspire young people through interactive and engaging hands on learning in water conservation and stewardship of the earth. Fieldtrips, Assemblies, and Special Programs meet E-STEM, California State and Next Generation Science Standards. With her special mixture of music, magic, and fun, Ms. Smarty-Plants™ ignites the EARTH HERO in each of us.
- June 1, 20173:30 pm - 5:00 pmFun, end of the year Field Trip to The Water Conservation Garden for Teachers! Gain access to FREE curriculum, including student workbooks, by the Cal..
- June 3, 201710:00 am - 11:00 amTour the lush, charming, and water-wise Garden with a knowledgeable docent to hear what makes our garden special, and be inspired to create a water-wi..
- June 10, 20179:30 am - 11:30 amJudie Lincer, M.S. Ed Naturalist Educator, invites you on an exclusive tour of her backyard koi pond to see how an under-utilized swimming pool can be..
- June 15, 20174:00 pm - 7:00 pmThe Garden is staying open late the third Thursday in June, July and August for you to enjoy fine wine and a leisurely stroll with your furry friend. ..
- June 18, 201710:00 am - 11:00 amHave trouble navigating the terrain of The Garden? Let us take you for a ride! Explore The Garden from the comfortable Verbeck Shuttle with a Garden D..
- June 24, 20179:30 am - 11:30 pmLandscape Designer Jan Tubiolo discusses how to manage the water you give your plants through the proper maintenance of your irrigation system and cor..
Plants in the Garden
Explore a sampling of the plants you’ll see at The Garden.
The Garden is thankful for ongoing support from the members of our Joint Powers Authority.
Our new website was made possible in part by a grant from the Hans and Margaret Doe Charitable Trust.