Help The Garden continue to be THE resource for water-wise landscaping in San Diego County. Your tax-deductible gift supports the care of The Garden’s nearly six-acres of land, enables the creation of new and innovative exhibits and programming, and helps present community-driven special events.
Ms. Smarty-Plants™ Youth Education
Ms. Smarty-Plants™ award-winning programs inspire young people through interactive and engaging hands on learning in water conservation and stewardship of the earth. Fieldtrips, Assemblies, and Special Programs meet E-STEM, California State and Next Generation Science Standards. With her special mixture of music, magic, and fun, Ms. Smarty-Plants™ ignites the EARTH HERO in each of us.
- 1 Apr10:00 am - 11:00 amTour the lush, charming, and water-wise Garden with a knowledgeable docent to hear what makes our garden special, and be inspired to create a water-wi..
- 1 Apr10:00 am - 12:00 pmLearn how you can attract non-stinging native bees to your garden. Candace Vanderhoff, Founder of SoloBee, shares the magic of these beautiful and pro..
- 2 Apr12:00 pm - 4:00 pmContribute to The Garden's success by becoming a Garden docent! There are many ways to get involved and wonderful new people to meet. This is part..
- 8 Apr10:00 am - 12:00 pmDo you love butterflies and hummingbirds? Then this is the class for you! Join our Director of Horticulture, Clayton Tschudy, as he takes you thro..
- 9 Apr12:00 pm - 4:00 pmContribute to The Garden's success by becoming a Garden docent! There are many ways to get involved and wonderful new people to meet. This is part..
- 16 Apr10:00 am - 11:00 amHave trouble navigating the terrain of The Garden? Let us take you for a ride! Explore The Garden from the comfortable Verbeck Shuttle with a Garden D..
Plants in the Garden
Explore a sampling of the plants you’ll see at The Garden.
The Garden is thankful for ongoing support from the members of our Joint Powers Authority.
Our new website was made possible in part by a grant from the Hans and Margaret Doe Charitable Trust.